SQL Data Analytics: Intermediate Level
DURATION: 8 + 1 HOURS ONSITE TRAINING
(5 Sessions: 2 Hrs + 2Hrs + 2Hrs + 2Hrs + 1Hrs)
Method: 1 on 1
Schedule is tentative; finalized after enrollment according to student/instructor availability.
- Introduction to need for SQL and Design Aspects
- Why do we need SQL? What is wrong with excel?
- Different distribution packages available from Oracle, microsoft, ibm
- For example: if we create the information of people attending the classes in excel- what is wrong with that?
- How will SQL give us some better way of handling data?
- Top 5 problems in Excel and top 5 most useful features in SQL
- Can I and should I move all my data of work from excel to SQL? How would I do that?
- Can I link Excel with SQL?
- Project: Table of people attending the class. Understand and demonstrate what is possible and what is not. Also, comment on how hard it would be.
Getting Hands-on with SQL and Outline
*You need an SQL Server Developers Edition on a Windows Based System
** If you have a Mac then you will be required to set up an AWS account and EC2 with Windows and SQL Server
- What happens if you want to repeat some steps. VBA vs SQL.
- Connect to the SQL Database - Can you control access to users for specific sheets in excel? what about SQL security?
- Query the common database available AdventureWorks Database / OGCBooks on SQL Server
- Save a Query and Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
- Why do we need condition - what is the Excel equivalent?
- Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition (Filtering)
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns