SQL for Data Analytics Course: Intermediate Level - NYC
DURATION: 18 Hours Total (6 HOURS OF ONSITE TRAINING + 6 HOURS OF LIVE, ONLINE TRAINING + 6 HOURS OF TECH SUPPORT)
Become an intermediate SQL user.
- Introduction to need of SQL and Design Aspects
- Why do we need SQL? What is wrong with excel?
- Different distribution packages available from Oracle, microsoft, ibm
- For example: if we create the information of people attending the classes in excel- what is wrong with that?
- How will SQL give us some better way of handling data?
- Top 5 problems in Excel and top 5 most useful features in SQL
- Can I and should I move all my data of work from excel to SQL? How would I do that?
- Can I link Excel with SQL?
- Project: Table of people attending the class. Understand and demonstrate what is possible and what is not. Also comment on how hard it would be.
Getting Hands on with SQL and Outline
*You need an SQL Server Developers Edition on a Windows Based System
** If you have a Mac then you will be required to setup an AWS account and EC2 with Windows and SQL Server
- What happens if you want to repeat some steps. VBA vs Sql.
- Connect to the SQL Database - Can you control access to users for specific sheets in excel? what about SQL security?
- Query the common database available AdventureWork Database / OGCBooks on SQL Server
- Save a Query and Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
- Why do we need condition - what is the Excel equivalent?
- Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition (Filtering)
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns